Pages

Monday 1 June 2015

Relaxing on the Lawn

Now is the time to sit back in the deckchair and enjoy the fruits (or weeds, in my case) of your hard work.

Here are a few rhymes to see you out the door.


Here comes the Sun!


Can't take this - it's sweltering -
dazzling me eyes, scorching me skin,
giving me headaches, doing me in!

So much for blue skies!
I'm going in!


The rest of these assume you're facing up to the heat (or rain).




Touching Base


Lazing in the deckchair,
gazing at the blue,
falling straight to sleep there -
falling straight through!




Garden Sounds



Kids can be noisy;
dogs are worse,
but cars chugging past
are a chug-chug curse.





Let us eat Lettuce


We have thirty-six crunchy lettuces,
for thirty-six lunch and teas!
But the whole lot are rotting
at the rate of knots,
so we're munching through 'em in threes.




More coming soon. 


Kate


Copyright note
All poems on this site are copyright: Kate Williams.
To use for commercial purposes, please contact me first.
Email: katewilliams.poetry@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment